I never wanted to be a housewife, cleaning, cooking and coffee mornings. How things have changed! I'm a 30 ish, married, English mum now living in Germany. The challenge: to become a less helpless housewife.


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A kitchen goddess............hummm I think not!

Growing up my Mum was always keen for me to help in the kitchen and learn to cook. I realise now how spoilt our family was with her delicious home cooked meals and baking. Unfortunately despite Mum's efforts to try and teach me I neither enjoyed or found success in the kitchen. The idyllic cosy afternoon in our country kitchen baking cakes often ended in mess and arguments.


Now a Mum myself I was so keen to find the kitchen goddess within! However despite enthusiastic purchases of cook books and cute kitchen accessories I still find cooking a chore. Having said that with more time on my hands I am trying and have had some minor triumphs. I hope to report these as if I can cook it anyone can and it might motivate me to keep trying.
For stress free, tasty cooking see my recipes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment